Recently I’ve deployed a new application after approval.
in some of the API call I send to RingCentral, I get 429 (“request rate exceeded”) as a response.
I read the API docs and found out that the throttling is done per extension.
I wanted to ask some clarification questions:
1. the rate is per account or per extension in the account? I didn’t understand what’s the
rate if more than 1 extensions exist under an account.
meaning – if under a certain account there are 17 extensions (for example), but only one
user grants access to the application I deployed, allowing me to access data for all extensions,
what is the rate: per granted access (because only one user granted access) or per extension
(because there are 17 extensions in the case I described above)?
I hope that my question is clear.
2. is there a way to increase the throttling rate?
3. when calling “Get Extension Calls Log” API, it seems that the calls are returned in a descending
order. how can I get them in an ascending order?
4. in case I need to get a large amount of data, how would you suggest to do that? for instance,
if I need to get data about calls that were done in the past 90 days.
5. is there a penalty when exceeding the throttling rate? is yes, what is it and how is it implemented?