How to add new permissions to an already existing Ring Central App which had been moved to production? We are integrating Ring Central with our CRM system and there is a chance we may want to expand the list of available options in the future.
Currently we from upon this practice, unless it is an issue which we have introduced and needs resolved.
Our best practice recommendation for modifying applications which have already been approved for production access is:
1. Create a new application in the RingCentral Developer Portal. We recommend keeping the same name, but adding semver to it (for your own tracking). Example: myApp_v1.0.1 (if you are making a patch change which is non-breaking) Example: myApp_v1.1.0 (if you are making a minor change which is non-breaking) Example: myApp_v2.0.0 (if you are making a major breaking change to your app)
2. Update this application with the same information as your original application, but include the changes you need for the application code modifications you are introducing.
3. Develop the application code to suit the new changes and use-cases you are addressing.
4. Test your application and simulate production-level API requests to satisfy the graduation requirements listed on the "Status & Review" page for your app in the Developer Portal.
5. Once the "Apply for Production" button is enabled, apply for production and we will review your request the following business day.
6. Once your approval request has been approved and you have your production API keys, add these new keys to your application's environment variables for deployment.
7. After you have successfully deployed the updated application code, suspend the former application in the Developer Portal.