The RingOut option enables users to make a call from any other outside number (not a RingCentral number) by means of their RingCentral account, when it is not convenient for them to use the RingCentral number. This feature is available for softphone, web and mobile applications. The RingCentral API allows to make and get RingOut calls.
- Make sure either a Digital Line / Direct Number is associated with an extension.
- To add a direct number to an extension:
- To add a Digital Line to an extension:http://success.ringcentral.com/articles/en_US/RC_Knowledge_Article/How-to-Assign-an-Existing-Digital-Line-to-a-different-extension
- Kindly note that your sandbox number has been assigned the default extension (101) however you should assign either a direct / digital line inorder to make/receive a ringout call on the sandbox number.
- Login to the extension on the “RingCentral for Desktop” application before you initiate a Ringout.
- If the extension is a “From” number then during the first leg of the ringout the “To” number would be displayed and once you dial “1” the second leg of the call would be initiated.
- The same is the case if the extension is a “To” number.
Be the first to post a reply!